Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Studying & Strawberries


{keeping my feet cozy in my Freudian slippers}

I am stuck at home today cramming for one of the most important exams I will ever take. I would say it is second in importance only to the licensing exam I will take in a couple of years to be able to practice on my own. I have my comprehensive exam on Friday morning, which basically covers almost everything I've learned in the past 3 years of doctor school. Fun, huh? Hopefully I will pass with no problems because failing means no more doctor school. If that happens I might as well flee to a deserted island and learn to live on coconut water and bananas because I will never be able to pay back my student loans. So say a little prayer for me if you don't mind!

{studying}

On a much happier note, it's officially STRAWBERRY SEASON in Florida!! Yippeee!! I must confess, the start of strawberry season is one of the things that helps pull me out of the post-Christmas slump. Yesterday I purchased our first package of locally grown fresh strawberries at the market for just over a dollar. I'm planning on slicing these little babies up and serving them over homemade multi-grain waffles for supper tonight. Mmm mmm good.

{Plant City strawberries}

Also, did you know that today is officially the start of King Cake season? In the past, I've had to order king cakes from Louisiana to be shipped to me in Florida. Last year I was determined to make one on my own but was just too busy with school. But this year it's going to happen...I WILL make a homemade authentic king cake on my own! So stay tuned to see how it turns out!

13 confessions:

Andie said...

yep. Happy King's Day or Twelfth Night to you!

I thought about picking up a king cake on my drive home today- but I think I'll eat a little healthier this week and maybe indulge over the weekend!

Imjustagirl said...

Good Luck with all the studying stuff!! I do love Strawberry season here in Florida!! Also have you thought about trying Alessi's bakery for King Cake?

Miss A said...

I have Freudian Slippers too! I love them!

Lindsey said...

YUM! Love strawberries!! Good luck studying friend

Tasha said...

Good luck on your big test! You're going to do great!

Jennifer said...

I just said a little prayer for you. Strawberries look yummy... good luck with the Kings Cake!

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

HOORAY for KING CAKE SEASON!! How exciting that you are going to make your very own. I hope it turns out GREAT! Keep us posted! XOXOX

Laura said...

Saw my first King Cake of the season this past weekend in Walmart! Man, I love those things! I have a low-fat version that you make with the reduced fat canned cinnamon rolls. I'll have to post the recipe when it get closer to Mardi Gras!

Good luck with your exams!!!

Justine said...

That is hilarious, because I have those slippers and wear them every day! I have em on as we speak! :) I'm a psych graduate :)

Justine
www.fetchingfashions.blogspot.com

sweet tea in a pink glass said...

I love plant city strawberries, as a kid I loved the strawberry festival!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Woop woop for strawberries to go in my bubbly...but...this cold. I can't take it!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Good luck!! I'm sure you'll do great!

Jennifer said...

When you get back I gave you a blog award!