Monday, December 14, 2009

Parties & Peppermint

This weekend was rather busy with Christmas activities. We attended Christmas parties on Friday and Saturday night, which meant preparing holiday treats to share. For Friday night's party, I made a peanut butter pie which was quickly devoured. Saturday night's party was a fancy affair, so I wanted to make something that could be nibbled on easily. Peppermint bark turned out to be the perfect option.



{The hardest part was not eating it all before party time!}


{Hubby and I at our friends' Christmas party}

I am also rather disappointed in myself. Friday's party included a Secret Santa exchange, and I made one of my girlfriend's a little retro apron. It was seriously the cutest thing I've ever made, and I forgot to take a picture of it!! I definitely plan to make more of them but the fabric combination I chose for my friend just turned out so freakin' cute.

Have you been making any homemade Christmas treats or gifts this year?

11 confessions:

Lindsey said...

You guys look so good! ANd those treats look SO delish!

Miss A said...

My mom made peppermint bark. I'm tempted to break it up and eat it already.

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

I loveee peppermint bark!

Laura said...

I have heard SO much about chocolate peppermint bark, but can you believe that I've never tried it? Not even the store-bought kind? I need to do it! And SOON, too!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

Your bark looks beautiful! I'm sure it was wonderfully tasting as well. I made some toffee that I wasn't thrilled about - but am planning to make my fave sea salt caramels this weekend after finals!

Oh, and thank you for thinking of me in the cold - it's super icy & horrid as well, ICK!!

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

i'm making homemad cards and brownies tonight!

S and O said...

Ooh those cookies look tasty ;)
xoxo,
Olivia

Jules said...

The goodies that you made for the parties sound so good and the peppermint bark came out really well. You and the hubby look great at your friends’ Xmas party. The apron sounds really cute. I haven’t made anything homemade yet, but I’m running out of time!

Children of the 90s said...

The peppermint bark looks amazing! It's one of my favorite holiday foods.

Jennifer said...

I always get hungry whenever you post food on your blog because it always looks so perfect!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Mmmmmm. I'm addicted to the bark. Love your dress!