Sunday, September 12, 2010

Pomeranians & Peanut Butter

This past week has felt pretty significant to me because I realized that it was the start of my last fall semester EVER. I've had a fall semester every single since year since 1988...and now I am starting my last one. Somehow this blows my mind. I suppose it's because I've known I wanted to be a doctor ever since I was a small child, so I always anticipated being in school forever. And now that it's almost here...well, I'm a little overwhelmed. How is it that I, the girl who still loves on her stuffed polar bear and gets excited over chocolate dipped ice cream cones, will soon be someone's doctor? Blows.my.mind.

As usual, this weekend has gone by way too fast. Yesterday, I went to a reunion party for those of us that went to Guatemala together. We caught up, ate lots of good food, and watched a little documentary about our mission...in short, it was amazing. I made mini chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting for the party. I thought that making them small would somehow make them "healthier" (sounds good in theory, right?).



No matter how stressed and overwhelmed I may be feeling, I can always count on Heaven for a dose of cuteness and joy. Hubby has a tendency to pile laundry on the bed in my study, then he and Heaven will nap there. She also loves to perch on the bed and look out the window, growling at any dogs that may be out on walks down below. I was trying very hard to get some work accomplished when Heaven decided that it was nap time.

{"Come on, Mom. I want a snuggle buddy."}

{"It's really comfy up here! You know you want to join me."}

Who can resist a precious little ball of fur? Not me apparently. I joined her for a long afternoon nap, and now the weekend is over. I just can't say no to pomeranians or peanut butter.

4 confessions:

Sommer said...

your cupcakes look so good! how did learn to swirl that frosting so perfectly?
also, i hope our kids are not as cute as ella because that dog gets away with everything. i cannot stay mad at that little pink tongue and big baleful eyes.

Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle said...

YUM!!!!!!! Those cupcakes look delicious!!!!!!!! :)

I think it is so great that you're going to be a doctor! Wow. That's so exciting!!! Enjoy your last Fall semester!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Congrats on being in the home stretch! And OMG those cupcakes look amazing!

Jennifer said...

Awe congrats on your last fall semester!! Good job!! And like the rest of your food always does your cupcakes look yummy!!!