Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Overwhelmed

Can you tell that my last fall semester of doctor school is already kicking my booty? I am totally overwhelmed by all of the uncertainties in my life right now, but I'm so thankful that I have a Savior who is my constant through it all.


I have been clinging to this scripture today:
"Those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."
-- Isaiah 40:31

I could certainly use a little renewed strength right now; how about you?

I don't have any fun pictures to share with you today, but I do have something amazing to tell you. Some of you may remember that hubby had a terrible cycling crash over the summer, which resulted in some pretty substantial injuries. He has been waiting to have surgery because the doctor couldn't do anything until the bone had healed enough for the ligaments to be reattached. These past couple of months of waiting have been tough for hubby. He hasn't been able to ride his bike or sleep comfortably. Moving his arm the wrong way can trigger unbearable pain. He even had to quit working. Hubby met with the surgeon a couple of weeks ago and scheduled the procedure for Monday morning. The injuries were very serious and potentially life-threatening if one of the shards of bone came any closer to a near-by artery. The surgery was known to be complex, and the recovery long, painful, and brutal. Needless to say, we have been dreading surgery day.

Two weeks ago, hubby sat with the surgeon and poured over the images from the MRI, which showed the severity of the tears throughout his rotator cuff, labrum, and ligaments. Yesterday morning, the surgeon opened him up and found that most of the injuries had healed...a miracle!! The surgeon was shocked...he had very little work to do...just cleaned up some "angry tissue." So now hubby's recovery will be much easier and much faster than the 6 months originally predicted. I feel like God must have something incredible planned for hubby...maybe something that requires him to be able to use his arm? I can't wait to see what it is!! So even in this state of feeling overwhelmed, I feel incredibly thankful and blessed.

"On Christ the solid rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand."

1 confessions:

Sommer said...

great news! glad he's on a speedy road to recovery. :)