Monday, October 4, 2010

Bachelorettes and Wedding Bells

For me, October is the start to the best three months of the whole year. Not only has fall always been my favorite season, but these months hold my favorite holidays, my birthday, and my wedding anniversary. Alas, living in a state that only has one season (i.e. summer) causes me to get a bit depressed this time of year when I begin longing for chilly days, turning leaves, and the smell of chimney smoke in the air. But knowing that this is the last "fall" that I will have to endure in smoldering weather considerably brightens my mood.

October also tends to be the start of wedding season in the Deep South...hurricane season is almost over, you can finally sit outside without being drenched in sweat, and the humidity graciously drops below 80%. My fabulous friend Carolyn will be getting married in a couple of weeks, so we celebrated her final days as a bachelorette with a fancy night out.

{Dinner with the girls at Bern's Steakhouse, a Tampa landmark}

{Me and Jennifer waiting on our desserts of strawberry shortcake and bread pudding...she is a fellow Louisiana girl and we share in our homesickness together!}

My own anniversary is in a couple of weeks as well, so this time of year always brings back memories of my own bachelorette party and wedding. I will share some of those with you as the date gets closer =)

2 confessions:

Tasha said...

I totally agree about this being a wonderful time of the year. I'll take any cool breeze as an excuse to light my pumpkin spice candles and get out my blanket for the couch. My husband thinks I'm crazy since it's 80 degrees outside. I guess south Texas and Florida have similar weather. :-)

Piper Jacquelyn said...

I love October the most as well! It's just perfect.

Thanks for the message the other day on my blog. I've missed everyone so much and decided to post a new blog. Anyway - looking forward to getting back into it and you look totally gorgeous in your pics, as always!