Tuesday, October 12, 2010

{once upon a time}

"Once upon a time, there lived a girl in Louisiana who studied very hard but loved to play hard as well. She loved music, going out dancing with her friends, and dreamed of meeting her Mr. Right. One day, a very famous musician happened to catch a glimpse of the girl and thought she was very beautiful. They shared mutual friends, so he decided to send her a message, which quickly turned into many long chats on the phone. The boy and girl lived very far apart, and the boy was often flying all over the world to play. However, they both knew right away that they had found "The One", and were determined to make their fairy tale come true. The girl occasionally toured with the boy but the distance between them was hard, and they missed each other very much. But the school year finally ended, the boy proposed, and the girl started doctor school with the boy at her side. On a warm October evening, with the sun setting on the beach, the boy and girl said "I do" and have been living their happily ever after ever since."

Crazy that tomorrow will mark our 3 year anniversary!! I was looking back on old pictures and reminiscing, so I thought I'd share some with you.

{Our relationship was still in the baby stages here but we already knew we were going to get married! We were in Mississippi for one of his shows}


{He flew me to New York for his show on New Year's Eve...it was the first year we rang in together and my first (and only) snow}


{My first visit to see him in Florida}


{At Ampersand in New Orleans for one of his shows}


{I think this may have been the last show I attended before he popped the question and I moved to Florida}


{Traveling was fun, but I much prefer our lifestyle now!}

Hope you enjoyed this little peek into how hubby and I became Mr. & Mrs. We've had an amazing time together, and I'm looking forward to many, many more years of fun to come!

6 confessions:

Sommer said...

love your hair in that first pic! so bouncy and voluminous!

tiff said...

What band does he play in? Love the photos!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you two! How sweet. Loved the pictures = )

kay said...

Such a cute love story, just came across your blog and I love reading it!

Jules said...

Happy Anniversary and thank you for sharing the cute story and all of the photos of how your love came to be!

Jennifer said...

So cute!!