Tuesday, February 8, 2011

In the Mood

Lately, I've been so stressed out that I've just been in the mood to surround myself with stuff I love, whether it's lunch with a dear friend, an extra long game of fetch with Heaven, or things that just bring a smile to my face. This weekend I took a little time to do some self-imposed art therapy. And what more perfect way to brighten my mood than sketches of my little girl and my favorite indulgence?

{Heaven & Cupcake -- oil pastels}


{Cupcake study -- oil pastels}

What's your favorite way to de-stress?

2 confessions:

Jules said...

You are SO talented! I can’t even draw a stick figure. The cupcake one is adorable! Nice job :)

Piper Jacquelyn said...

I love the cupcake! SO adorable. Nicely done, my artist friend! I think it's so important to take time out to have a little "you" time. Happy Valentine's Day this weekend!!