Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Red Velvet Funnel Cakes + Maple Bacon Cupcakes = We're going to the fair!!

I simply adore the fair. It brings back so many wonderful memories from my childhood. So naturally I insisted that we attend the Florida State Fair this weekend. We had an amazing time checking out all of the animals and exhibits, exploring the miles of food carts to find the most interesting treats, watching pig races, a grizzly bear show, and agility dog competitions. The maple bacon cupcakes just may have been the most amazing thing I've ever tasted in my life. You can guarantee I'll be trying to recreate them soon.

{Maple bacon cupcakes}

{Red velvet funnel cake}

{Rastafarian banana}

{Freak shows}

{Apparently, anything can be deep fried}

What's your favorite part of the fair?

2 confessions:

Piper Jacquelyn said...

Whoa. This looks amazing. Rastafarian banana, ha ha ha - I die. And those cupcakes - um, they have bacon sticking out of the top. How can they not be awesome!?

Mrs. Bama said...

red velvet AND funnel cake?! quite simply amazing.

your blog is adorable and a very fun read!