Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Street Cred

This weekend I did something that I never ever do...I ditched my school work that had to be done on the computer, threw the stuff that didn't require my laptop into a bag, and spent the weekend at hubby's races. I had a lot of fun supporting my man and his friends and got to spend a little time working on my photography skills.

Saturdays races were through the streets of downtown Tampa. Watching these guys fly around sharp corners at high speeds was pretty insane. I would be terrified! The weather was gorgeous and an eco-festival was also taking place downtown. We ended the day having dinner and drinks with friends at a little Italian restaurant while watching the last pro race that took place at twilight.

I'm always on the look-out for obscure things that can become something beautiful. I loved the reflection of this historic building caught in the panels of a modern high-rise.

A candid shot of hubby while he is discussing race strategy with another cyclist. It was really fun to see him in his element, doing what he loves.

I couldn't resist these lovely little pansies in various shades of purple and yellow. They reminded me so much of home!

Sunday's races were in a different city and the weather was pretty gloomy. The cloud cover made it easier to get some good action photos. Luckily, hubby's race ended just as the rain started.

Taking the weekend off has left me terribly behind this week, but it was totally worth it to support hubby. I sometimes get so caught up in school, dissertation, and training that I have a tendency to overlook the little things that matter most in a marriage, like how important it is to support your spouse in everything they do. But I'm working on it!

4 confessions:

Imjustagirl said...

Everyone needs a little break here and there especially with how gorgeus it was on Saturday!!

Lindsey said...

Everyone deserves a break, love it!

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

So glad you took a break, Lacey, to relax and enjoy and take pictures! Your action shots are fantastic!! :) Hope you're enjoying your Spring weather!

Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle said...

Great pictures!!! Love your blog! Come check mine out when you get a chance. I'm doing a giveaway! :)