Monday, January 24, 2011

learning to love winter

To a southern girl such as myself, "winter" has always meant temperatures that hover in the 50's, with an occasional bout of sleet every few years that knocks out the power and closes things down for a few days. Since moving to Florida, "winter" means 80 degree days, and panic ensues if the temperature drops to 30. So traveling the country during this time of year has been a totally new experience. I went back to Utah last week and had a blast in the snow. I think I'm falling in love with winter!

{View from the top of the K-120 ski jump at the Olympic training park in Park City}

{Opening night of Sundance Film Festival}

{Bliss on a stick in Park City}

{Sundance posters}

What's your favorite thing about winter?

3 confessions:

Unknown said...

Wow those bliss on a stick look amazing, and true to its name!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

How fun that you were there during Sundance!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

I've wanted to go to Sundance forever! I have heard Park City is pretty much gorgeously amazing. Looks like a great time. Our winter - not as pretty here in Nebraska!