Monday, February 23, 2009

Absence makes the heart grow fonder...

I certainly missed you lovely ladies last week! I had to take a short break from the blog world in order to get my CCE finished and focus on exams. I have more exams this week, but it feels so good to be done with the written component of my CCE! Now I just have to wait and see if I passed written so I can move on to the presentation stage of the process. I will have a bit more free time this week and can't wait to get caught up on all of your blogs!

Hubby has been doing his best to ease my stress level during this hectic time. We had a fun date night at my favorite pizza place Mellow Mushroom.


We indulged on my favorite pizza in the whole wide world...the gourmet white pizza. Soooooo good!

On Valentine's night, we went to a comedy club with my cousin and her husband. The headliners were two women who were funny at times but a little too raunchy at others. I don't understand why some women comedians think that in order to be funny they need to (1) say the "F" word in every sentence, (2) continuously discuss the male genitalia, or (3) make racist jokes. My cousin and I (being the Southern belles that we are) were a little uncomfortable at times and discussed afterwards that it was obvious the comedians were NOT Southerners. Dirty jokes aside, it was still a pretty fun night.

Hubby and I on Valentine's Day

We also spent a fun evening with two of my girlfriends and their boyfriends. We decided to check out Cantina Laredo. They made our guacamole fresh at the table and my soft tacos were delicious. The dinner was fun and was filled with lots of gossip and psychobabble...a perfect evening in my eyes!


Cantina Laredo

Bear with me this week as I try to get caught up and back into the swing of things! And to all of my fellow Louisianans, I hope you are all having an amazing Mardi Gras!! I am incredibly homesick right now!

5 confessions:

KK said...

Their white pizza is my fave too!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

That pizza looks amazing! And I totally agree on the comedian bit - it's hard for me to go see them because I feel like it's so...offensive, I guess? Glad you had fun overall though, that's all that matters!

Jules said...

That pizza looks delicious and I love the name of the pizza shop. The cantina you went to sounds fab too. I love Mexican food.

I've never been to a comedy club, but I would love to go to one. I worry that I might find some of it offensive too.

TexanCouture said...

I am homesick as well, My friends are on St. Charles Ave right now sending me picmail, and texts about how they are going by Fat Harry & the Columns for drinks how I wish I was there! Having an Austin staycation was great but next year I am going to MG!!!

I love Mellow Mushroom! I used to go to the one in Baton Rouge, I haven't tried the Austin location yet.

Summer Athena said...

omg! i want that pizza, like now. and y'all sooooo make the cutest couple!

i am homesick as well. i have only seen my mom since our loss and well, i miss my family and Louisiana so much. my aunt and grandmother are flying up from NOLA april 1 - 2 so i have that to keep my homesickness at bay.