Monday, February 9, 2009

Life changing...

I apologize for having been a neglectful blogger lately. I am still working on my CCE, so life is still crazy.

Last week, I mentioned a new series we are starting at church on becoming financially free. This series is literally changing my life. I feel a joy and contentment with my life that I haven't felt in many years. I highly encourage you all to pick up your Bibles and read Matthew 6:22-34. It really puts things into perspective and is so applicable for life today.

After attending church and our life group yesterday, hubby and I decided to forgo our original Valentine's gift plans for something much more special. He was planning on getting me a necklace from Tiffany and I was going to get him some expensive thing he wanted for bike riding. Instead, we decided to go to the bookstore together and buy each other new devotional
Bibles.

Here's the new one I got:


And here's the new one he got:


We had such an amazing time picking these out together, and I can't wait for us to have devotional time together each night. These Bibles are so much more meaningful than a Tiffany necklace or an expensive gadget. I am so blessed to have a hubby who is a Christian and can share in this journey of spiritual growth with me.

Although I am feeling incredibly stressed, I am filled with so much joy today. I hope that it finds you as well.

6 confessions:

Piper Jacquelyn said...

Aw, that's really great! You are really doing something special for each other with those gifts - way to go you two!

Sweet Soft Southern Thrill said...

What a sweet post! I think it's really awesome that y'all revised your VDay plans and they still ended up being so satisfying! From this post and your previous one, the series at your church sounds great! Keep sharing!

TexanCouture said...

That is so sweet!

Janetta Gray said...

I think this is the most romantic V-Day ever! I told Mr. S in hopes that he would take the hint! I can't wait to read all about the new series you're starting!

I tagged you!

Mrs. McB said...

What a great gift! A couple of years ago, Mr. McB got me a Couple's Devotional Bible as a gift. It is by far one of my favorite gifts!!! :)

Summer Athena said...

this is a sweet post! I am from SELA -- born in New Orleans and then moved 70 miles South to Morgan City. Went to LSU and then after graduation in 2000, I moved to NYC. NUTS. I miss home so much too! :(