Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Love Day!

Happy Valentines Day!

I hope everyone is having a fun day with their sweethearts and loved ones. What is everyone doing today/tonight? Hubby has a mountain bike race today, so I'm doing school work (as always), but tonight we are going to a comedy club with my cousin and her husband. As strange as it may sound, Valentine's Day has always been my least favorite holiday. My favorite Valentine's Days were those I celebrated with my girlfriends in college. Even though we had boyfriends, we always spent Valentine's Day together in what we called an Anti-Valentine's Day. We would spend the day shopping and pampering ourselves. We would treat ourselves to a fabulous dinner at the best restaurant in town, then have a girls night out.

In addition to our new Bibles, hubby and I also exchanged these books last night:



I can't wait to start reading these! I have heard nothing but good things about this book series. My sorority did a Bible study with The Power of a Praying Woman and it was amazing, so I can't wait to see the impact of the power of prayer on my marriage. And I think praying for your spouse and marriage is pretty romantic, don't you?

I am also thankful that I received the Love Ya award from Erin at Texan Couture!


Rules do accompany this honor:
“These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.”!

I give the award to:

Serious Shopaholic
Chic & Pink
Steak & Cakes
A Sweet Soft Southern Thrill
Park Avenue Princess
The Fabulous Life of a Southern Belle
Downtown Southern
With Love from New Orleans


5 confessions:

With Love from New Orleans said...

Thank you so so much! I am so excited!

Let me know what you think of those books!

The hubby surprised me this morning.. we are going to the restaurant we got engaged at two years ago on this day! It's in the FQ so hopefully we will also catch a lot of the parades-- as long as the weather holds.

Have so much fun tonight! XO
Happy V-Day!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

I hope that you had a fab V-tine's Day! I totally agree with you though about the holiday - not my fave & probably had more fun celebrating it with my single girls in college as well! Thanks for the award, too!!

Jules said...

Thanks so much for the award and congrats on getting the award yourself ;)

I hope your V-day was wonderful! We will still in Vegas, so we spent ours' there.

The books you exchanged look great. I am huge believer in the power of prayer.

I hope you're having a great week!

Sweet Soft Southern Thrill said...

Thanks so much for my award! It's my *first*! Yay!

Also, if you still want to do the 10 things (you commented on my post a couple weeks ago), your letter is B! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Anonymous said...

I hope you're having a good weekend and had a good Valentines day!