Monday, April 6, 2009

It's almost time to wear white again...

I love Easter week...the time for reflection, the remembrance of the Passion, the time for celebration, and the festivities. As I sat in church yesterday, I remembered a remarkable Palm Sunday service I attended several years ago on the Mexican border. I was actually on spring break but was determined to make it to mass. So I ventured out while my friends were sleeping and visited this stunning cathedral:


The music had a Hispanic flavor and was provided by several singers with acoustic guitars. It was a really cool experience that I will remember for many years.

This week will be filled with baking and dying Easter eggs. I usually put off shopping for an Easter outfit until Good Friday, but I was actually proactive this year and bought my dress a few weeks ago. And I can't wait to be able to wear white again! (Yes, you may think it's "old fashioned" that I don't wear white between Labor Day and Easter, but this Southern belle will never be caught wearing white shoes in November.)

Hope you all have a happy Easter week!!

{Just a note: Throughout my blog, I may make references to both the Catholic and Protestant faiths. I've attended both Catholic and Baptist churches most of my life, so my beliefs are a fusion of the two denominations. However, I was raised Baptist and currently attend Baptist church.}

6 confessions:

Newlywed Next Door said...

I definitely have the Catholic/Baptist fusion faith. I was raised Catholic by my Mom, but attended Baptist Church for 4 years and really became a follower of Jesus there. I'm now attending a non-denominational Christian church.

And I love that you don't wear white before Easter... but what about a Winter white coat?! ;-)

Imjustagirl said...

I hear ya with the white but, I thought you couldn't wear white until Memorial day. Hmmmmm.... just curious.

TexanCouture said...

I totally agree about the wearing white, my coworker wore white pants all winter and it bothered the heck out of me!

Jules said...

That is a beautiful cathedral and what a great experience. It sounds like a fun week ahead for you with lots of cooking!

I've been attending the Lenten Service at my mom's church each Wednesday and it has been so nice getting a new message each week from a different speaker.

Am said...

i've always been a wear white from Easter to Labor Day girl and I cannot wait to wear white again!!!

Mrs. McB said...

I love that you have the understanding of both the Catholic and Protestant faith. That is awesome!

Like you, I also don't wear white between Labor Day and Easter. :)
You'll have to show a picture of the dress. :)