Friday, July 10, 2009

A bit of happiness for your Friday...

I just love Fridays, don't you? The past few Fridays I have been treating our little apartment to fresh flowers. I just love soaking in how pretty they are as I have my morning coffee or do my daily Bible study. My favorites:


{Peonies...finally! I have been craving these for so long!}


{I could not resist this color combination of fresh roses.}


I also love to bake on Friday nights. Lately, I have been craving all things lemon. I made a cake with Meyer lemons last week, but my favorite lemony indulgence has been scones with lemon curd. If you have not tried this stuff, you must go to Williams Sonoma immediately!


I started this Friday off with triathlon training...I ran a 5k and swam 1100 meters in the early morning hours. I then met my friend C for lunch at Ballyhoo. It was so nice to have a leisurely lunch and catch up with her.

I'm sure that by now you are getting sick of seeing pictures of my dog, but I just had to share this one with you. I love how she is smiling and so content in her little bike basket. Hubby hurt his foot yesterday, so this morning he took his bike and Heaven to the trail with me while I ran. He and Heaven rode along beside me, coaching and giving me water. I felt like a pro :)


What is everyone doing this weekend? My plans include {more} training and writing psych reports. Hopefully some fun will be squeezed in there somewhere :)

Wishing you all a very happy Friday!!

3 confessions:

Anonymous said...

Those flowers are beautiful! What a great idea.

Piper Jacquelyn said...

Your flowers are SO pretty. And I LOVE Meyer lemons - they are the best ever. Hope you had a great weekend!

Jules said...

The flowers are so pretty and Heaven looks really cute in her little basket!

I'll have to try that lemon curd. It sounds good!