Thursday, July 9, 2009

it seems that hubby is kind of a big deal...

Hubby and I had such a busy holiday weekend. I still don't feel like I have fully recovered! On Friday night, we had an Italian party with a group of friends. Everyone brought different Italian foods and wines...it was a really fun night. Saturday morning, we had to get up at 4:00 AM for hubby's triathlon. I'm the type of girl who needs her beauty sleep, so I was not too pleased about having to get up so early on a Saturday. But the triathlon turned out to be really fun, and hubby won first place!! I am so proud of him!!


{Hubby finishing his swim and running out of the ocean.}



{Hubby on his bike...cycling is his best discipline.}


{Hubby with his 1st place medal!}

Hubby and I are doing another triathlon on July 25. It will be my first one so I'm kind of nervous! We've been filling all of our free time with training, but I love that it's something we can do together. Plus I got to shop for some fun triathlon gear :)

9 confessions:

Summer Athena said...

very impressive!!!!

Pretty Personal Gifts said...

Congratulations to your husband!

Anonymous said...

That is amazing! And your doing one too!? Way to go sister! Too cool. Can't wait to see how it turns out. Give us details! Good luck with the training.

Brunch at Saks said...

Sounds like such a great weekend! Congrats to your husband! :) XOXO

Piper Jacquelyn said...

Um, your husband is officially awesome. Please tell him that. An Italian party followed by a triathlon? WOW. Go him. And go you, for doing your first one in a few weeks!

Janetta Gray said...

Wow. Mr. Southern Belle is fabulous. I'm doubting that neither myself or the Mister could make it to the mailbox at any pace above a turtle crawl, let alone complete & WIN a triathlon. Congrats & good luck on your first competition!

Imjustagirl said...

WOW! I am very impressed!! Congrats to your hubby and good luck to you! That is a big deal!!

Lindsey said...

Wow that is awesome!!

Jules said...

Congrats to your hubby! That is quite an accomplishment. I give both of you a lot of credit and wish you lots of luck when it’s your turn! I know you'll do well :)