Thursday, July 16, 2009

Even my dog loves watermelon...

I must confess that watermelon season is one the things I adore most about the summer. When I lived in Louisiana, we used to always go to my uncle's house on Sunday afternoons. During the summer, he would always have a fresh watermelon to share. We would spread newspapers out on the kitchen table and cut the melon into huge chunks. I would always be covered in sticky red juice before I was finished with my slice.

Fortunately, hubby shares my love for this summertime fruit. One day for lunch this week I made us watermelon salads that were AMAZING! I promise to take photos and share the recipe the next time I make it (which I assure you will be soon).

Yesterday afternoon I stopped at a produce stand and picked up a rather delicious looking watermelon for only $1.99. It is currently sitting in my fridge, waiting to be devoured after hubby and I come in from our evening run. However, there is another member of our little family that loves watermelon...


So it looks like we may have some competition for our post-run snack. It's a good thing she's small and can't open the refrigerator door. Otherwise, I think we just might be in trouble...

3 confessions:

Anonymous said...

Haha, your dog loves watermelon - my cat loves grapes. So strange, but so funny! Happy almost Friday to you!

Anonymous said...

I am totally craving watermelon now!! Looks yummy.

Mrs. McB said...

Looks great! My dog will usually eat anything, but I am not sure about watermelon.