Friday, July 17, 2009

Watermelon Salad

I am always on the look-out for easy healthy recipes that I can make for lunch. Hubby and I are both in love with this refreshingly cool summer salad. The great thing about this recipe is that there are no measured amounts, so you can add as much (or as little) of each ingredient as you want.

Watermelon Salad
(from Women's Health magazine)

watermelon, cubed
radishes
chives
feta cheese (I use reduced fat)
extra virgin olive oil
iceberg lettuce



{Cube fresh watermelon and put in a medium to large bowl.}



{Slice radishes paper thin.}



{Add radishes and finely chopped chives to bowl of watermelon.}



{Now add some feta and drizzle on some olive oil. Toss a few times to coat.}



{Serve over an iceberg wedge. Make sure to pour the juice from the bowl onto the lettuce too.}

Enjoy!!

3 confessions:

Piper Jacquelyn said...

I have all these ingredients, and am totally making it tomorrow. I have so much watermelon right now that I don't know what to do with it! Perfect timing, thanks!

FACTOReTRANSFORMZ said...

mmmmmmmmm

it was good

Anonymous said...

that looks so good! Thanks for posting :)