Sunday, July 26, 2009

It's official...

I'm a triathlete!!!

The race went great last night! I was pretty happy with how I did, especially considering how little time I had to train. Now that I know I'm capable of doing it, I'm going to properly train for one in October. It looks like I may have a new addiction...


And to make the night even more special, some of our dear friends from Sunday School showed up to surprise me! It meant so much to me to have them there. It was so nice hearing them cheer me on. There were definitely a few moments in the race when I wondered if I was capable of doing this. But I just kept remembering Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." I am so thankful that God gave me the strength to achieve this accomplishment. The glory goes to Him.

{Hubby and I having one last motivational chat before heading out for the swim}


{Getting ready for the choppy ocean water}


{And we're off!}


{Hubby and I heading out together for the bike ride...it was so nice to have this little moment with him so he could give me words of encouragement}


{Coming in from the bike ride and seeing my friends cheering for me was an awesome feeling}


{Waving at my cheering section as I head out for the run}


{Hubby and I got some goodies since we both competed}


{Did I mention that hubby won first place AGAIN?!? He is seriously amazing!!}


{As for me, I am thrilled with my cute t-shirt! It feels so good to have earned the right to wear this!}

9 confessions:

Am said...

That is seriously awesome! I've been following but not commenting but I am seriously impressed!

Janetta Gray said...

Yay! I'm so glad that you did well! It's so cool that you & Mr. Southern Belle could do this together. Congrats for finishing!

Anonymous said...

You are so awesome. Seriously, that is amazing. Way to go. What was the hardest part for you? You husband did great too. Fantastic story!

Lindsey said...

That is so cool!!!! I'm in awe!

Mrs. McB said...

Congrats! You are awesome!! :)

Tasha said...

Congratulations! This is such a huge accomplishment! You're my hero!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

YAY!!! I am so proud of you! This is so exciting, honestly. And you two are pretty much the best looking triathletes ever, by the way. Congrats, you must feel AMAZING.

Jules said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you and proud of you!! That is an amazing accomplishment. That is also awesome that your hubby came in 1st place again :)

TexanCouture said...

Congrats! I am so proud of you a triathlon is an amazing accomplishment! And free shirts are always awesome!